Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010 in CA

The first part of our Christmas traveling was just up north to the Cordon side.
Our first day there we were happy to have a visit from Brad, Emily, and the kids. They had tons of fun playing together and we loved catching up.
The next day was our boy's 3rd birthday, as if we needed another day with presents and treats! Nicholas loved his Thomas cake and Toy Story balloons. He also enjoyed getting gifts from his Grandma, Grandpa, and cousin Dax.



The next day we got into some Christmas activities, especially gingerbread houses.

One highlight of the trip was going on BART, the train. Nicholas had been talking about it for weeks beforehand and the trip definitely didn't disappoint. We rode into SF and enjoyed a fun outing there before a fun train ride back.

We also loved eating out. Chevy's, the family favorite, gave us all the black beans our toddlers could eat, or smear on their faces.





And of course we loved seeing our friends, Dyan, Logan, and new baby Easton. I was so excited to meet that cute baby for the first time! I wondered how Nicholas and Logan would do, if they would remember each other or play. At first they sort of looked at each other, but by the time we were heading out they were bff again and having a blast.

Logan is so much bigger, but I promise Nicholas is slouching a bit behind him :) (they're just days apart, can you believe it?)

One of my favorite parts of the week was my Christmas present from Jared, tickets to the Nutcracker. It was so much fun to have a date and dress up.


Finally it was Christmas. They boys looked so cuddly in their pajamas. We had a great Christmas Eve and even better Christmas day opening gifts and playing happily all day. The boys had a great time together all week.

Family!
We all had a fun time and before we knew it, it was time to head to Arizona.










4 comments:

Team Heaton said...

Woah! That caught me off guard to see our faces! That was so much fun to see you guys. We miss you and Anna still talks about your family every time she sees your picture. I'm so glad they know each other again! Love you!

Adam and Brittany said...

I was afraid Crew might have eczema. I may end up taking him to the dermatologist too. Glad to hear it is an easy fix.

Dyan said...

We love and miss you guys too! Love the pics with the boys and the black beans! You are brave to ride the bart train especially since we are both germaphobes:) Love the pic of you two holding the boys in their jammies....Jared's arm looks buff!:) You guys were off to the nutcracker the day we saw you, I didnt know that was your christmas present! That was very sweet and you looked very pretty. Miss you all so much and hoping someday you come back;)

jon and dorsey said...

My mom would always take me to see the nutcracker in the SF opera house as our Cmas tradition every year. How fun that you guys went. I bet you loved it. Wish we could see you guys soon. And yes, I really hope you get your girl as well. They are so special. And beautiful. And sweet. And... Good luck Paige!