Saturday, December 15, 2007

Any day now!


Time seems to be in some strange sort of standstill, where the days are passing yet nothing is happening!

Wednesday we had some very exciting news, which has since been keeping my mind racing. At my doctor's appointment I found out I was already at 1 cm, almost entirely effaced. I kept thinking, man, if this is how labor is then that is awesome! I haven't had to do anything, and I've already made all that progress! But once the news sunk it and the reality hit I started to get pretty nervous. All of the sudden we realized, it really could be any day now!

Well, that was wednesday, and here I am still waiting! On thursday I woke up to a pretty intense contraction, or so what I think is one, but then the rest of the day and the week have been very quiet. I'm not really sure what it is that I'm supposed to be looking for, but I guess that alone means it hasn't happened yet! Fortunately though I didn't want to have the baby without my mom around, and she gets here tomorrow. Then the little guy can come any time!

This week was also pretty exciting as Jared started his job at Allstate. So far he has liked most all of his coworkers, and his boss has been kind about time off around baby arrival :) The schedule has worn him out a bit and he's come down with a bit of a cold from being so tired. We're are very happy that he has this job which is close to home and provides good benefits, and I'm glad he doesn't come home dirty and sweaty anymore, and that he gets to put all of his cute "work clothes" to use! The picture above is from his first day.

2 comments:

amy said...

We are anxiously awaiting any news of baby!!!

Reese just saw Jared's picture and said 'i want hims to come visit me':)

We love you guys- good luck!!!

Brittany said...

My mom told me you were dilated and I was so excited. I can't wait to see pictures of him!!!