Monday, November 16, 2009

The Absolutely Most Wonderful Time


Yes, its after Halloween, so therefore is officially Christmastime!!!
I am so so so excited.
I love Christmas.
Snow or no snow
I love the sight of the decorated pines, wreaths, poinsettias, gingerbread cookies, the glorious green and red combo we shun the rest of the year, sparkles, ornaments, and the lights. Oh, the lights! They have such a magical way of bringing beauty to no matter what they are on or near. You could put them up on a trash can to make it look inspiring.
I LOVE Christmas
I love how everyone seems to smile a little easier, finding children charming instead of irritating, becoming quicker to forgive, and feeling a sense of calm about daily life. It brings me back to the holidays of my youth that were so perfect and magical.
I love the feeling the music gives me. (Hence the playlist). I love the stillness of Bing Crosby's "White Christmas", and the power behind Mannheim Steamroller's, "Stille Nacht" which almost always moves me to tears (a feat in itself). What songs spell out Christmas to you? Any suggestions to add to the list?
Bah Humbug to all those who try to hold of the goodness of the season until after Thanksgiving. By the time the momentum builds, Christmas has come and gone. I prefer getting a start where I can allow the beauty to sink in and cheer my soul. Its at this time that I become what is lovingly termed by Jared as "Christmas Paige". I like Christmas Paige. You'd like her if you knew her too. She's perpetually blissful and carefree, spreading thoughts of goodwill to everyone. Unfortunately she abruptly departs each January 1st, leaving a tremendous void well into the month of March.
Regardless, Merry (pre-)Christmas to everyone!!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

All I can say is that you took the words right out of my mouth. Verbatim.
Merry pre-Christmas to you too! Can't wait to see you, Jared and the boys. Love, Auntie Christmas

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh I love your old school family picture! Awesome!! You are SO cute in that picture! love the matching dresses!

The Burnetts said...

That picture reminds me so much of Christmas as a kid (we have many pics like that!)

I love that you're so enthusiastic about Christmas - and that you have a special "Christmas Paige"...so fun! And hooray for Mannheim Steamroller!