Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nicholas' First Talk

Nicholas gave his very first talk at church today and I got to be his special helper. It was funny to see how he had absolutely no fear walking up to the podium to give his talk. They announced his name and he strode up there like it was nothing.
So before the talk I tried to explain the whole concept to him and we practiced a bit, but of course that didn't really help once it was "go time." We missed the first part of the talk, which was the funniest, because of memory issues. But basically we spent the first minute with me whispering in Nicholas' ear and then him making noises into the microphone like he was a pint sized Darth Vader. Once he finally got the hang of it is when the video starts. Our favorite parts are when he repeats himself and says his words in a very deep voice.

Judge for yourself how he did but when a member of the ward asked Nicholas "Hey buddy, how did your talk go?" He replied happily "It was Great!"

9 comments:

Amy said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Aaaaah!!! I love little kids talking about Jesus! Since I'm a convert I never got to experience primary, and got to teach CTR 8 last week and was melting... gawsh little kids only get cuter when they talk about Heavenly Father!

Kelli said...

Too cute! Way to go Nicholas!

Anonymous said...

WOW, THAT WAS BOTH ENTERTAINING AND INFORMATIVE. GO KIKI! I LOVE THAT LITTLE GUY SOOOO MUCH!

Dyan said...

LOVE HIM!!! He is so cute and funny all at the same time:)

Matt & Mykel said...

I agree with Nicholas..."It was GREAT!" Way to go buddy!

Anonymous said...

Holy indoctrination, Batman!

Paige said...

Yeah I've had that internal debate going on since we had kids. Do we or do we not teach them about our beliefs? Ultimately my decision came down to the fact that it is utterly impossible to not teach or "indoctrinate" our kids about anything really. We impose our values in every day situations, the TV shows and books we encourage, behaviors we reinforce, everything. As a parent I stand as a teacher to them, and see life through my eyes of experience. I teach them things I think about, manners, religion, general values affecting all facets humanity. What it comes down to is I am a voice in their lives. I will not be the only one, but I can't help but teach them about what I think is important. It is up to them to filter me, friends, the world as they deem appropriate as they grow up.
Thanks, "anonymous"!

Nortorious said...

Find anonymous and sic your mini Darth Vader on her!