I know its cheesy, but I always love reflecting on the many blessings we have in our lives, especially at times when I tend to feel down or lonely. This weekend taught me a lot about gratitude, and mainly how we should simply be grateful that nothing is going wrong :)
The first fiasco we experienced was the plumbing backing up. (I am so grateful we live in the upstairs)! We had to resort to making bathroom trips to another family's home who was out of town, which wasn't awful but for me the trips were frequent. Then that night we noticed a really awful smell coming from Chad's room. He had stepped in a dog's mess and not only tracked it into his room but in an attempt to get it off his shoes rubbed it into the carpet. The smell was so bad we could smell it upstairs!
Then as we were getting ready for bed that night we noticed some ants in our bedroom on the bed. I then discovered they were all over the chair and in our closet on our clothes!! I hate bugs of any sort, especially when they're in my sleeping space!
The bad luck ended there for me and Jared, but not so for his parents, Mike and Sabrina. They got a call the next morning (as Mike and Jared were snaking out the blockage in the plumbing-yuck), that one of their condos had found a water leak, and some mould. Turns out the leak had been there for about two months, pooling water under the house and causing some damage. Ugh.
Since then things have been, thankfully, uneventful! As we reflected back on the chaos it made me really appreciate all the wonderful comforts we enjoy living here, in this home and in the U.S.. We have been so blessed with our little baby, health insurance, Jared's new job, and money we've been able to make in the mean time. We are so grateful for such wonderful parents, siblings, and extended family that we not only love as family but friends too.
Oh, and GO COUGS!!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Much to be grateful for...
Posted by Paige at 2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Paigey, you are a cute pregnant girl - please trade me bodies.
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment