We are enjoying the passing sunny days and increasingly warm weather. Our new routine now includes walks outside, and mommy working out more consistently. The good weather couldn't have come soon enough. I seem to be one tied to the weather with my moods. I find it much harder to muster up the energy and smiles on days when its gloomy outside, and likewise can't contain the happiness on sunny days.
I don't know how moms do it. My baby is not 4 months yet and I'm already feeling cabin fever. I had an opportunity to start a local masters program in counseling psychology (my dream), but I decided with the baby being so young it wasn't the right time. Ever since then (a month or so ago) I have wondered if I made the right decision. I feel very isolated here sometimes, with few friends and very little going on. That's not to say I'm not busy with the baby and cleaning all day long, but I have few social interactions or activities. A happy day means I got out to Target, Babies R Us, or the mall for an hour or two. But with our newly-established budget I need to back off of those things for a while because the spending is too tempting. Also, its a quick fix, not really eliminating the problem.
Its hard to not look back on those times at BYU when I was having so much fun with friends, and enjoying my classes. I really did enjoy going to class, learning, and especially the readings; I think that's why I wanted to do the masters program so badly. I don't want to live in my past forever, but I guess its how the idea of "glory days" happens. Well, regardless of all this, I'm feeling like I need to do something more, and I'm itching for it. Maybe its a matter of time until I figure it out, or maybe I just need that time to adjust to at-home life. 
(playing with the football from Great-Grandma Pat-- his favorite toy, Grandma!)

(playing with the football from Great-Grandma Pat-- his favorite toy, Grandma!)

1 comments:
I won't say that I know exactly how you feel, but I understand. Being a mom is fabulous, but some days are better than others. Luckily, your baby is absolutely adorable :)
Post a Comment