Disclaimer- The following post contains brief nudity, and slightly offensive material. Proceed with caution.
We just began the rigorous home-fitness program called P90X. It comprises 90 days of different workouts of all major regions of the body, along with an eating plan. The goal is that you reach your "best body".
We found the program through referrals from friends and some internet research. We wanted to do it because it is something we can do together, it requires little equipment, and we can do it from home.
Our personal goals are pretty different, but we hope that it can work for both of us. Jared simply wants to lose weight and tighten up. I lost the weight after having the baby but I am scrawny and un-toned. I wont be taking many dietary restrictions, but I would like to see more definition!
We decided to go for the 'Lean' program after I saw all these pictures of girls bulking up. I don't want big arms. I don't want my pants tighter on my flat rear-end! So the first video is a core work-out.
Our date had been set to begin for a few weeks now, and even though we spent the whole day at Disneyland we knew we had to do it. We both took turns trying to get out of it, but in the end we knew it was now or never!
With great trepidation I am posting our 'Before' pictures.
Here we are, as you once knew us.
First workout thoughts-
The main guy, Tony, is ridiculously obnoxious, but if this works I don't care how annoying he is!
(20 min into it) If I have to do one more push-up, I think I'm going to throw up!
Wow, I'm actually sweating! I can't remember the last time that happened!
Ok, Jared is really sweating. I just touched the carpet where he was laying and it's wet! Gross!
How am I supposed to function tomorrow!?
Jared: "Maybe we shouldn't have done it at the same time. Who is going to watch our kids tomorrow? We're both going to be sore!"
Our next weigh in/measurings will be at day 30, then day 60, and finally day 90! Hopefully by blogging about this we will be more accountable and motivated to keep it going. Wish us luck!

2 comments:
good luck! you both make me laugh though, in 90 days you are going to be ripped! BTW your VERY LA now!!
Jared my friend, I love that smirk on your face for your "before" shot. It's the "I'm so uncomfortable taking this picture that I'm about to laugh over it" look. I miss you buddy, while there are great people out here in Indy, there are none quite like you. You're a great friend.
-Jon
Post a Comment