Sunday, June 27, 2010

P90X- Week 1 Review

We made it through a WHOLE week! I am very excited. There were some moments where I considered quitting, seeing the large amount of days before us, but we're still going strong.

We did core workouts, kenpo (our favorite so far), arms and back, legs, yoga, and cardio.

High point- sweating during kenpo; up until that point I hadn't really felt like I had gotten my heart rate high enough, and it was actually very exciting to feel the sweat coming on! Ask Jared, I was all geeked up about it :)
(J's high point- the rush lifting and curling weights during the "arms" portion)

Low point- realizing how much we have left! It is difficult to sacrifice the quiet evening time where we usually watch some tv or read to unwind, especially for such a long time.
(J's low point- only doing two hanging pull ups... There's definitely room for improvement there!)

(motivating results like this keep me going!)


Also, I had to stop the phase 1 of the diet. I wasn't really planning on doing it in the first place, but I gave it a shot. All the protein and lack of grains in the phase 1 made me feel sick to my stomach all day. I could tell it was too much meat for me, and after I stopped I felt much better.

Another benefit is that I can already feel improvement! My stomach is feeling a bit tighter even after just a week. I can't wait to see what 90 days looks like!

1 comments:

Amanda K said...

Good luck with it!! I don't think I could stick to it. But, yeah, that would be me being lazy :)