Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mom Date

After some crazy days I decided it was time to spend some one on one with my buddy, Kiki.
We dressed up (his new green converse shoes have been termed his, "date shoes") went to Barnes and Noble and read tons of Thomas the Train books, ran around at Old Navy and played in the dressing rooms, and got some lunch.
It was so fun to spend time with him like the old days, just me and him. I asked him in the car what he wanted to talk about, he paused for a second, then he said "Dinosaurs!"
I love my crazy, talkative boy. I love how he reenacts Thomas story lines, tells Ryker "I'm serious!" when R cries, how he has a perfect memory for songs, how he still giggles like he did as a baby, and when he plays with my hair while I put him to sleep. He loves "lellow wallypops", his baby brother, his train table, and preschool.
I am enjoying his funny little personality and I just hope he doesn't grow up too quickly!

4 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

You're so pretty, Paigey!

Your little date sounded so cute. What a good idea.

You're such a good mom!

Tamara said...

What a lucky little guy...I would love to have a play date with the coolest mom!! I am glad that you had fun:)

Darci said...

I think it's hilarious he tells Ryker your serious! He is so funny:)

Elliott and Carrie said...

I haven't been out with such a fun date for years!
He's so adorable. Miss you both.
Love,
Mom